Friday, August 03, 2007

Direction

One area that I've been struggling with is what direction my life should take. I only have three more years before I am eligible to retire and I really need to start finding what direction to press toward. So many ideas, so few opportunities to press forward.

1. I would like to become a minister. Unfortunately, I want to assist people in developing countries to get out of poverty and hear (see) the love of Christ. I say unfortunately because it seems to be a difficult challenge.

2. I would like to be a special education teacher. Specifically, teaching high-functioning autistic children and Down's Syndrome children. They give a lot of "bang for the buck" when teaching them. They are truly God's children.

3. I would like to be a full-time Royal Ranger Commander...think paid ministry, church/district staff. It's way too awesome watching young boys blossom and really find out who they are in Christ.

4. I would like to help marriages and families better understand each other. Of course, I haven't the least clue about how to make it all work...but God does and that's enough for me right now. Lord knows I have a hard time living that last statement.


Anyway, my action plan is to do the following:

1. Humble myself before my God by
a. Surrendering to Him all of my desires.
b. Submitting to His plan and will for my life.

2. Take up my cross daily and follow Him.

3. Rinse and Repeat. Daily.

Cheers

No comments: