Friday, August 03, 2007

That Peculiar Wow Factor

As of late I have become quite the Casting Crowns junkie. I can't seem to stop listening to them. I have one of their live CDs playing in my truck, one of their CDs is in the stereo in the kitchen, and we are watching their live DVD right now. Yup, a junkie I is. I've even sent an email to Hills Alive and asked them to consider including them next year. Of course, I doubt I'll still be here in America next July, but as only God knows...blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Now, back to the title. I was reading a post about Casting Crowns and came upon this quote by Mark Hall, lead singer and songwriter for Casting Crowns: "He says along the way to becoming more like Jesus some of us are going to become youth pastors, some writers, another a farmer but that none of that was why we were born. “You were born to be like Jesus and to bring him glory.” " The italic and bold fonts were added by me.

Wow. Brings things into focus, doesn't it? I wish I had that type of faith and that type of focus.

As an aside, I want to go on a short term mission trip. I'd like to learn Swahili and go to Eastern Africa. Not certain if that is my flesh or if that is the direction that God is pulling me toward. Pray for God to provide an opportunity for me in the next year or so and then to provide the faith and the finances for it. In fact, not only for me but also for Christina...she'd really like to go to but feels a lot like so many things take a backburner to me and my desires.

Cheers

No comments: