Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Babysitting, Transformers, & Eric Liming

I haven't posted in quite some time. Life has been sort of busy. Not excessively so, mind you, just...sort of.

Right now I am tired and I am watching three neighbor kids. The dad is deployed and the mom doesn't get too much time "away". So that is what I am trying to do, give someone a moment to take a breath.

Have you ever wondered how you come across certain thoughts? I was watching Transformers and I thought about someone I hadn't really given too much thought to over the last twelve or so years. Eric Liming was a fellow Security Policeman way back when. He was awkward and didn't fit in too well. Oh, sure, he had his niche, and he was nice enough. But he wasn't one of "us".

You know the type, the "us"-type. We were self-assured. Young. God's gift to...selfishness and cruelty. Yeah, we were horrible. And back then, we didn't care, not even a little bit. Nope, not at all. If I were to come across the me from back then I'd probably despise myself. I'd sit myself down and explain how what I was doing, saying, and how I was acting was hurting someone who was loved by God, who Jesus would have died for even if he was the only person on Earth who needed Him to sacrifice Himself for. What a total jerk I was. Shame doesn't come close to describing the depth of the feelings I have right now.

Eric, I am so sorry. I want to apologize publicly to you. Please forgive me.

Cheers,
Jim

1 comment:

Aries Light said...

Jim,

Hope all is well!
Please check your messages at the Kings Island Central site.

All the best,

Eric Liming