Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rethinking Life

It's so easy to get into the habit of constantly running. From here to there and back again we tread the same tired ground. It's no wonder we are constantly exhausted.

For quite some time now Christina and I have talked about getting rid of all of the junk and excess clutter that we've accumulated over the last ten years or so. Now we have finally gotten to the point where we are doing something about it. For the last couple of weeks we have gotten rid of several bags of trash (stuff you thought you might need at a later date...ha!) and quite a bit of other stuff sold. Unfortunately, we are still swamped by the junk we haven't gone through and gotten rid of yet.

While thinking about what to keep and what to get rid of, I have come across a desire that has started to affect me substantially. I want to start reading the Bible everyday so that I can deepen my faith. I have somehow managed to get to a place that is very comfortable to me but which does not seem to be all that fruitful. So, in the next several days I am going to start reading through a one year Bible reading plan. I plan on using this blog as a place to document my reading schedule and my impressions of what I have read. I will also start doing book reviews (as I come across books of note).

Cheers

No comments: