Friday, September 28, 2007

What Does It Take?

What does it take to get to the point where you feel comfortable surrendering to God? What does it take to get to the point where your one and only reason for being is summed up in the words "service to the King"? These are the things that I think about, that I worry about, that I long for the answers to.

You know, it's kind of funny, really. I am more interested in the Elijah's, the Jeremiah's, and the Paul's of the Bible than I am in Jesus. Their examples are far more perplexing to me than Jesus'. As a military man, I understand sacrifice. I understand unconditional surrender to the greater good. It means nothing to me to contemplate what it takes to be that type of person and then accept it as reality. Just like Jesus.

What I can't bend my mind around is surrendering my will to God in the way that Paul, or Jeremiah, or Elijah did. At least Jesus understood His position in the greater Scheme of things. He created the Heaven's and the Earth. He understood that for all mankind to receive salvation, He needed to be the One True Sacrificial Lamb. But the others, they didn't need to follow God unconditionally. They lacked the added dimension of being God. They were mere mortal men, just like me. They had free-wills borne of an inherent sinfulness inhereted from Adam. They weren't perfect. Just like me.

Oh that the One True Living God of all the Galaxies would hear my plea...don't let me leave this Earth without the opportunity to brush the hem of Your garment. May I have the courage to do so should the opportunity arise!

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
That means if JIM shall call upon the name of the Lord, JIM shall be saved PERMANENTLY! God DOES NOT CHANGE. The DEVIL changes things, breaks promises, etc. GOD does NOT. If you believe on Jesus Christ to take you to Heaven when your appointed time comes, then you are scripturally in the right boat. God's Word is perfect. When he says that Christ died for ALL sin, then, believer, that means ALL sin was paid for, past and future! Jesus said IT IS FINISHED. Get a King James Version (the 1611 Authorized Version, not the NKJV!) and read PHILEMON. It's interesting how you find Paul more interesting than Jesus...because in Philemon, Paul REPRESENTS Jesus, Philemon represents the Father, and Onesimus represents JIM! My dear Christian friend, Upon believing in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and putting your trust in Him as your personal Savior, AT THAT MOMENT you are sealed unto the day of redemption! That's a PROMISE from GOD! Be blessed!