Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What Is Worship?

On Sunday we had some missionaries to Argentina visit our church. I really love Missions Sunday! Where else do you find out just how spiritually shabby you really are! Man!

Well, on with the story... Rocky, the missionary, brought along a video of the Bible College he heads. To see the sincere look of worship on the faces of his students left a huge impression on my mind and a gaping hole in my soul! I don't worship like that. I don't pray fervent, effective prayers like that. My relationship with God isn't like that. I, for all that I have materially, am a desperate beggar without a sign!

To show just how empowered they are, consider this: on their weekends they go out and start street churches. They preach to people on the bus, the subway, and at the checkout stand. They even preach to those that hold them up at knife/gun point! And they are leading people to Christ! What have I done today? What have you done today?

Signed,
A Spiritual Pauper

No comments: