Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The New MacBook

For over a year and a half I've owned a 12" iBook G3 600mhz computer. It's been my "home entertainment" PC while I was on vacation for four months to the Middle East. It has been a great, though not very attractive, companion on several of my other adventures. I say all of this so that you can understand that I really love small, powerful computers. Apple, in their infinite loop wisdom, has seen fit to end the consumer iBook model and come up with a much better product to replace it. So, now, Apple has added yet another thorn in my flesh by introducing the MacBook.


The MacBook is available in one size (13.3" wide-screen) instead of the iBook's 12.1" and 14" models. With the gorgeous Intel CoreDuo (instead of the much anticipated CoreSolo) chip running at some decent speeds (2ghz range), built-in Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, Firewire, and wireless internet. Not bad. Better yet, the top of the line MacBook now comes in a beautiful "Grand Piano" black color! It has got to be seen to be believed. So, go to Apple and check it out. You, too, may need to go confess a little sin called lust!


Cheers

No comments: