Monday, May 15, 2006

Ubuntu Linux

If you haven't tried Ubuntu Linux, let me encourage you to surf on over to Ubuntu.com and sign up for a free copy. Ubuntu, with a little tweaking, is the best version of Linux that I've tried. After playing around with a few extra repositories, I've got Gnome 2.14 running and it is awesome.


I'm not a huge fan of flame-war material but I've got to admit that I'm starting to really enjoy Gnome over KDE. Now my buddy, David, would tell you that it's easy to explain why I've fallen for Gnome. I can only say that while I love the beauty that is KDE, Gnome just works the most naturally to me. That isn't to say that KDE doesn't work, per se, just that my natural cognitive abilities favor Gnome over KDE. Of course, I have several KDE-based apps installed. With a little tinkering I've been able to get my Gnome install to look quite nice (which puts to rest the notion that Gnome is inherently butt ugly).


At any rate, this will be my first (successful, I hope) post from an embedded panel app that will allow me to post from the panel.


Here's to hoping!



Cheers


No comments: