Friday, July 27, 2007

So. There I Was, Eating Crow...Again!

Well, I've not been a fan of Dell* for quite some time now. Lately, I've been doing a bit of soul searching, especially since my little Apple iBook G3/600 died. I've done a bit more soul searching ever since my HP Pavilion DV4018CL started acting up. Why all the soul searching? Well, I would say it's because my wife's laptop, a horribly slow Dell Inspiron 1200, has held up through two laptops that I have claimed ownership of.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, let me set a few things straight. One, I baby my laptops. I don't even let my wife and kids touch them, if possible. Two, my wife let's our kids play on hers. Three, her computer has been through hell and back (water on the keyboard, mysterious boot issues, etc.). Now that I've been home from Iraq, her computer has worked famously. Worked so famously that I'm thinking if the Medison Celebrity turns out to be vaporware, I'm going to have to order an Ubuntu equipped Inspiron 1505n!

So, honey, I will say it now...I'm sorry for making fun of your laptop. In the future I will try my best to keep my misinformed tongue firmly trapped between my teeth. I would never have guessed that I would say Dell doesn't suck, but here I am, saying it loudly...DELL DOES NOT SUCK!!! Can you forgive me?

Cheers

*You betcha, I'm writing this on my wife's laptop!

No comments: