Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer Fun (at Church!)

Well, we had our Tailgate Beach Blast at church. It was, indeed, a blast. We had lots of people (the very unscientific guestimate is around 350 people). We had lots of food. And, we had lots of fun.

There was volleyball going on, jumpy castles, slip n slides, water fights, and just plain old fashion fellowship. The food was good (can't beat grilled burgers and 'dogs), the people let their hair down, and everyone should have gone home full. Sarah had a soggy diaper from playing in the water that must have very nearly weighed three pounds! She didn't even complain when she was brought to the van. Too bad Mommy is in Minneapolis right now. I'm sure she might have had a great time too.

I was extremely lucky...while I helped to count people and direct traffic, I almost didn't get a burger! The grill had closed down and we were on our last four burgers and maybe six dogs when I made it through the line. No worries, though. There was plenty of other stuff to fill my stomach if I hadn't gotten a burger.

Well, I need to watch a movie before I go to bed.

Cheers

No comments: